Message to Instructors for IRDC High Performance Driving School 2022
Welcome! Thanks for signing up to instruct at the IRDC School. IRDC is a “Not for Profit” Club that relies on volunteers like you. I hope you have a positive experience during the school. Please be aware that not all ICSCC race events have separate Novice run groups. Successful completion of this school enables students to apply for an International Conference of Sports Car Clubs (ICSCC also known as “Conference”) Novice License. That means that their first race as a Novice will likely be amongst senior drivers in an ICSCC run group, one that you or your buddies are in! Because of this, please carefully consider your student’s ability. If you feel they need more track time, such as another school, or a lapping day, please let them know. The evaluation form has a box for you to comment on skills that they may need to work on.
Qualifications for being an instructor: Current ICSCC Licensed Driver, recent past ICSCC License, or equivalent (SCCA, Proformance, etc). Also, marque club experienced instructors such as Alfa, BMW, Porsche, Mustang etc. are welcome.
Things to consider
- You need to be at the track no later than 7:30am to sign in and meet your student
- Take in consideration traffic in Puget Sound on a Friday.
- You are being tasked to perform the tech inspection on your student’s car
- In between on track sessions we will meet for classroom sessions with your student. As such there is not time for you to participate in the test and tune.
- Bring a Lunch. The club is not providing lunches and the concession stand may not be open.
- Water will be provided, be sure to hydrate during the day.
- Depending on weather, we maybe meeting in the Pacific Raceway offices. Look for an email a day before the event to see where we are going to meet. Last year meeting in the center of the paddock worked well.
- In accordance with ICSCC regulations Instructors are only to drive a student’s cars during a track tour and at a reduced speed (section 22.214.171.124 of ICSCC P&P Manual)
- The school is being limited to 20 students maximum, and registration ends the Monday BEFORE the event for students. Instructors can registrar up until Thursday before the event.
- Questions? Call, text or email me.
Have a Fun Safe Day!
IRDC Chief Driving Instructor