The HP Lapping group is open to all experienced drivers who want to get out on-track, learn how to drive more consistently/faster and be around a race car environment (HPDE cars do not share run groups with race cars).
Cost is $180 - $225 per driver/car (depending on the number of sessions on the particular day). A maximum of 25 cars will be allowed in this group at any event.
Check out our event schedule for the available HPDE dates with IRDC at Pacific Raceways and The Ridge Motorsports Park.
Not just track time, a complete driver experience:
- IRDC is dedicated to making the HPDE run group a complete experience where participants will learn how to safely be more consistent and ultimately faster, in a non-competitive environment.
- Each day will be comprised of an HPDE only drivers meeting lead by certified instructors who have extensive track day and racing experience.
- Our instructors will help you focus on specific goals for each time you go on track, everything from advanced trail braking techniques to just having fun through certain corners and sections of the track.
- There is a group debrief after each session to go over what was learned, review data and/or video (if applicable) and identify the next focus area.
- Passing will be on expanded zones with a point-by.
- HPDE drivers will paddock together in a prime location in the paddock so you're in the hear of all of the action.
- You'll meet racers, get up close and personal with their cars - some of which include national champion and professional level drivers from IMSA, Pirelli World Challenge, Creventic and Intercontinental GT.
Drivers in this group must:
- Have experience driving at Pacific Raceway or the Ridge Motorsports Park (depending on the location of the event)
- Have recently attended a driving school and been signed off to drive solo.
- Provide proof at registration or through your driver profile on Motorsportreg of driving experience.
- Be a minimum of 18 years old and have a valid drivers license (must present original, photo copies not accepted).
- Vehicle must be in good working condition (see detailed checklist below)
- Attend the MANDATORY morning drivers meeting (you will not be allowed on track if you do not attend) and optional post-session debriefs.
- No passengers allowed (private coaches with prior approval)
- Wear long sleeve shirts, long pants, and proper driving shoes
- NO SHORTS, NO OPEN SHOES... NO EXCEPTIONS
- Have and use a race helmet.
Basic Tech Checklist for Car:
- Sound mechanical condition. No loose parts/pieces, nuts/bolts
- Fluids filled - oil, water, transmission
- Good belts, hoses and BRAKES
- 3/32" minimum tire tread depth
- Clean inside and out, including engine compartment
- All loose items removed, including spare tire, jack, etc; Battery secured
- Factory rollover protection allowed only if "structural" and
front windshield frame (A-pillars) are also structural
- Factory "pop-up" roll-over protection is NOT acceptable and there will be no exceptions
- Working seat belts in good condition (not frayed)
- Licensed racer in a non-race car - OK!
- Non-licensed driver in a race car - OK!
- Licensed racer in a race car - NOT OK!
- Non-licensed driver in a non-race car - OK!